Passed my bls course!

shaggyc

Forum Probie
Excited! Passed my bls course today with a 100%. I know it's just bls and simple compared to what I'll be learning in EMT, but still!

Now to get this shot, and titre draw, then the accuplacer, and I can turn my stuff in.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Talking about the AHA CPR class? Congrats. :)

The class is pretty short and not impressive compared to EMT or paramedic didactic, and even those are short compared to other healthcare disciplines, but I remember when I first got my CPR card, I was so happy. It was the first time I accomplished anything in a long time it felt like.

Keep up the good work. Good luck on EMT.

OP
OP
S

shaggyc

Forum Probie
Yeah. I know this is nothing compared to what is to come. Can't make may get here any quicker and any thing I can check off the list to get new closer makes me feel good. Honestly wanted to take a CPR class for years... Finally had a catalyst to get me moving :)

okiemedic

BLS Healthcare Provider Instructor
Congrats!

I've been surprised on how many people have failed BLS. I've had several doctors fail and have to remediate. Mostly its their attitude.

Eleventy7

Forum Probie
Do not down play this. That's a hell of an achievement. Time and time again I've seen BLS providers out shine RNs and doctors on scene.

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Congratulations! :D

samiam

Amazing Member
Congrats!

I've been surprised on how many people have failed BLS. I've had several doctors fail and have to remediate. Mostly its their attitude.

Thats kind of embarrassing lol, then again I guess if you are a dermatologist and have not had BLS in 15 years I could see that happening. (No offense to any dermatologists here)

OP
OP
S

shaggyc

Forum Probie
I like how my wife had said she would probably never need to use it (she took this with me). My response was yeah... I probably will. Thanks for the kind wishes!

okiemedic

BLS Healthcare Provider Instructor
Do not down play this. That's a hell of an achievement. Time and time again I've seen BLS providers out shine RNs and doctors on scene.

Yup!!

When I worked on a rig I've had nurses on scene panicking on what to do. I still see nurses panic in the hospital setting. Most seasoned basics have better critical thinking skills then nurses. Nurses get lazy with all the support they have around them..