Partners on duty...

medicnick83

Forum Lieutenant
Hi all,

How many of you have partners in EMS and do you actively worry about them?

I'm in EMS as a volunteer and my girlfriend is a student who is also on duty sometimes the same time as me (not on same ambulance) or sometimes she is on shift when I am working and I find myself always worrying about her.

I know that the crews will look after her (as they/do did me) but I still worry myself sick about her.

Ok! It doesn't help that in ZA this year alone I know of 3 ambulances that have crashed but still...

Sometimes I don't want her to work, especially when it's raining etc.

:unsure:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
If your GF is into field EMS...

...and you are trying to be her "mother hen", there's going to be trouble ahead.
Twice I had partners (versus just "co-workers"), and we looked out for each other just ahead of taking care of patients.

OP
OP
medicnick83

medicnick83

Forum Lieutenant
...and you are trying to be her "mother hen", there's going to be trouble ahead.
Twice I had partners (versus just "co-workers"), and we looked out for each other just ahead of taking care of patients.

Didn't work out eh?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
You mean the "two partners" deal?

No, it was because sometimes my regular partner could not attend shift. My regular partner was a premed with a BA in chemistry, my other partner was a Vietnam era former US Ranger (in 1981). Both good guys, and my mentors in some ways, and I theirs in others.

I was married when I got my EMT, and we are still, after 37.5 years.