Paramedic Text recommendations

Kelly P

Forum Ride Along
I am a EMT I/99 and also a Nurse. I was in the military for 21 years. Since the NREMT has made changes to the levels, I have the opportunity to move up to a NRP. I have met all the requirements of NREMT to take the NRP exam. I just found out Friday. I have until mar 2019. I am looking for a text book that I can use as my refresher material. I have received a couple of recommendations and the most popular is by Brady. Paramedic Care with Dr. Bledsoe. I understand it is a 5 volume set and the newest Edition is 5.

First are there any other strong recommendations and secondly where is a good place to find a used copy of them. I am in Northern Virginia and I cannot find any local place who carries them. I already checked craigslist too.

Thank you,

Kelly

OP
OP
K

Kelly P

Forum Ride Along
I used the Mosby paramedic book and it was pretty good.
Thanks. Another question which will help me nail this down. Since the NRP exam is based upon U.S. Department of Transportation's (U.S. DOT's) Paramedic National Standard Curriculum completely, when was the last time it was changed. I then can look for a text which printed a new Edition after that.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Depending on how comfortable you are, you might just sign up on one of the practice question websites (JB Learning, EMT Prep, Medictests, etc) and see how you do. Do your own research on questions you get wrong, make Anki flashcards and review every day. Might need to learn EKG's from scratch but I bet a lot of the rest of it you already know or could self-teach effectively if you're already an RN and EMT-I.

OP
OP
K

Kelly P

Forum Ride Along
I have some bad habits with doing more because of my military training allowed me these opportunity. I need to have the A to Z in a text book. I neeed to learn the correct way from ambulance driver duties to advance skills. Is there a website where I can find a used set? Somewhere in Virginia would be even better. If not I will pay the $300. Thanks

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I have a couple books that I would gladly sell you, all recent paramedic text (one is multi volume too). I'm in NC, so if you are interested, send me a a PM and I can provide you details on what i have.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
The Navigate 2 Premier Access for Nancy Caroline's Emergency Care in the Streets, Eighth Edition is pretty awesome.
I second Nancy Caroline's

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
@Kelly P , sent you picture of everything i have (including nancy caroline's)