Paramedic Test

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
Just wondering what the paramedic boards are like....what kind of skills you have to do and how they test over the meds...

Medic38572

Forum Crew Member
I cant say from where you are at but when I went through Paramedic school we started out with a bank of 400 questions we had to have 80 percent right. now the day of the test we had Paramedic students meet at the largest national guard base in tn and everyone took the test. What sucked was this by the time we were ready to take the test they had thrown out 220 of those questions because of new acls and things like this that were now contradictory to our training. Even though we took 2 acls classes that year new and old.

Now the practical was differant we pulled for als skills plus worked a mega code in front of the regional ems consultants. Stay calm just do it!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
That is based upon your state and local license board. Some use NREMT for examinations. You can check it out at their web site.

Be safe,
Ridryder 911

OP
OP
ndilley

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
my main question was how the national registry test you over drugs...I have heard that it is a flashcard type deal I was just curious

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
We just had 4 take and pass the Reg. Paramedic 2 weeks ago, pharm was tested in the written portion like any other Paramedic test. Although they can ask you pharm. questoins on the trivia....

Good luck,
Ridryder 911

OP
OP
ndilley

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
Thanks guys I just started medic school and was looking for a heads up...appreciate it