Paramedic school

Rockmedic

Forum Ride Along
I am in the process of enrolling in a paramedic program, I am looking for any advice, guidance, or suggestions anyone might have.

Thanks

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
My tip is.....STUDY.....A LOT. And then study some more. Be so prepared that you feel confident in that program each day that you go to class. I feel like I had to learn that the hard way. I DO study alot, but still struggle. But I go the extra mile so my instructor knows I am serious and I really want this. That aside, also learn when to stop and take a break! (Learned that the hard way, too) The best advice I can give (on the day of my paramedic final exam) is to enjoy every minute that you are a student. Because, someday soon, it'll be you out there in charge. Be proud when you become a Paramedic student. It means you have a gift, so give it...Help people. Even help your classmates. I found out the other day just how many people are rooting for me, and I didn't even think they knew I existed. So I try to help them, too. I wish you great success, this journey is not easy, but to make it, we have to be the best we can be. And you can get there with heart, skill, preparation and determination. Good Luck to you!!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Ditto above post, plus if you really want to be good and above the rest of the others, you will have to put forth the effort to shine. This means reading more than the Paramedic book. Check out other books and texts associated with emergency medicine and sciences... this will make you have a true understanding and more in-depth knowledge.

I always inform student they should plan on studying at least 3-4 hours solid everyday.. except for one day to rest...

R/r 911

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
My tip is.....STUDY.....A LOT. And then study some more. Be so prepared that you feel confident in that program each day that you go to class. I feel like I had to learn that the hard way. I DO study alot, but still struggle. But I go the extra mile so my instructor knows I am serious and I really want this. That aside, also learn when to stop and take a break! (Learned that the hard way, too) The best advice I can give (on the day of my paramedic final exam) is to enjoy every minute that you are a student. Because, someday soon, it'll be you out there in charge. Be proud when you become a Paramedic student. It means you have a gift, so give it...Help people. Even help your classmates. I found out the other day just how many people are rooting for me, and I didn't even think they knew I existed. So I try to help them, too. I wish you great success, this journey is not easy, but to make it, we have to be the best we can be. And you can get there with heart, skill, preparation and determination. Good Luck to you!!
Hey!!! how did your exams go? You sound a little more relaxed,talk to ya soon!

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
Always ask questions if you don't know. That is one thing that gets me as an instructor/student. You look into the classroom and see blank stares but no one will ask questions. Sometimes it will spark a conversation that the whole class including the instructor will learn from.