Paramedic School

swindlman

Forum Crew Member
Just got accepted in to Paramedic school! So i'm pumped, It starts Aug 24. Any tips/suggestions of what to expect or to do/not to do.?
That kind of stuff...

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
I just got accepted to, be prepared the the you need more experience comments. I mean basics and medics learn everyday. Mine is going to be tough, since I work full time and will be attending school night time 5-10pm 4 days weekly.

I don't have any tips because this is my first time to. One common sense would I can think of is don't come off like you are the best basic in the class and you know it all etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJCS-RN NREMTP

Forum Ride Along
Just got accepted in to Paramedic school! So i'm pumped, It starts Aug 24. Any tips/suggestions of what to expect or to do/not to do.?
That kind of stuff...
Read the chapters prior to class. Depending on your program outline, some have reading requirements prior to first day of class.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
1. Don't miss class if at all possible.

2. Always have your material read before and again, soon after class
is over. I cannot express this point enough.

3. Work books are your friend..use them.

4. Plan for at 2 hours or more per day in study time.

5. Form a study group early with a few friends.

6. Sleep...memory is dependent on being rested.

7. Don't go to class loaded up on sugar/carbs or void of protein....eat healthy.

8. If the I/C is using text PPT's, ask if you can copy them to a thumb. I put PPTs on
CD for all of my students a few weeks into the course.

9. Instructors facilitate learning....in other words, take notes, make flash cards!

10. Have fun and enjoy the experience. It'll go a lot quicker and smoother.