Paramedic Programs in Phoenix Area, Need Info!

Surf40

Forum Probie
Hey everyone, I'm considering a move to the Phoenix area and have been looking at some of the paramedic programs available. I was really impressed with Glendale Community College's program because they have a cadaver lab, something I haven't seen with other paramedic programs. Shoot, I was originally looking into Physician Assistant school and even some of those programs didn't include cadaver labs.

I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding schools in the area? I know in Southern California, everyone recommends going to a community college program over a private program. Is that the same for the Phoenix area? How difficult are they to get into? In California I've heard they're pretty difficult, way more people apply than are accepted, and fire department's sending their FF's get priority over joe citizen on the street. I'm not sure the climate out there, if I should spray and pray to get into one or if I'd be able to be selective and only apply for the program I want.

Thanks for any info!

azbrewcrew

Forum Crew Member
I realize this is over a month old...but GCC,PVCC,Phoenix College and Wizard Education all have exceptional programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk