Paramedic Programs in Chicagoland??

anhela

Forum Ride Along
I was wondering if anyone could give me any feed back on any of the paramedic programs in the chicagoland area. Just trying to figure out where i should go. thank you!!!!!

abuan

Forum Crew Member
i actually got into the malcolm x college program before i decided to move to hawaii. i highly recommend malcolm x. i'm aslo partial because i did my emt-b there. but they are very reputable and got some really cool learning tools.

chicago fire goes there for their CME classes.

http://malcolmx.ccc.edu/Academic_Programs/Paramedic.asp

there's also south suburban college in south holland. not too sure about the program, but it was one i considered in case i didn't get into malcolm x.

http://www.southsuburbancollege.edu...alth/Emergency_Medical_Technician/default.asp

there's also a program i heard about that was being conducted through one of the hospitals. not sure if it's still around. i'll try to do some research for you.

good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
A

anhela

Forum Ride Along
thank you. i have a question about the malcom x though.. it says you have to have completed biology and a&p, did you do that before? they dont require you to have your A.A.A first do they? that is awesome they do ride time with CFD.

abuan

Forum Crew Member
yes, you have to have your A&P done before even applying. most medic programs through a college are like that i believe. and yes, i actually applied to the program while i was taking A&P. and my acceptance was conditional up until they received my letter grade.

and i'm not sure what you mean by A.A.A. what is that?

OP
OP
A

anhela

Forum Ride Along
oh okay.. aas i was just meaning assoicates degree in applied science i know they are trying to make it in a few years to where you have to have it before you can do your paramedic program.

i did my emt at advocate christ. and they require no prereq's just gotta pass their tests before acceptance. but i wanted to explore my options. thank you very much for the advice on malcom x though.