Paramedic program recommendations

MMohler

Forum Crew Member
Hello all, I am starting to look into taking the next step in EMS and want to start to compile a list of paramedic programs in southern & northern California (specifically orange, riverside, LA or San Bern counties for socal and around the Sacramento area for northern California). If it helps: I DO NOT have a fire academy, DO have the hours as an EMT that most programs require which I believe is ~1500 (I am around 3000). Anything that I havent thought of as far as qualifications please ask!

Any info is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
MMohler

MMohler

Forum Crew Member
looking for war and horror stories, honest opinions from people that went through programs pros and cons things of the sort.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Riverside Community College/MoVal used to be set up exactly like a fire academy. Start off with PT followed by uniform inspections and required a Class A uniform for graduation. Not sure if that is still the case since I haven’t seen any of their students in a while.

NCTI Riverside is going to cost you over $10,000. Their instructors are hit and miss. You will likely have issues with being placed in your internship as some students have to wait months. It is not at a college but a program that is owned and operated by AMR.

Crafton Hills College has a very decent program. Students are placed into internships immediately and they also require more clinical and field shifts than other programs. There is an issue with one of the primary instructors currently however that issue is in the process of being resolved. Total cost is around the $4,100. You can also use BOG waiver, financial aid, and student loans if you need to. The college also offers an AS in EMS.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?