Paramedic Education Question (Virginia / NREMT-P)

Cameron

Forum Crew Member
Hello,

My name is Cameron, I am employed as a U.S. Navy Corpsman. I am currently stationed in Virginia working in a Critical Care ward at a hospital. I have been with 3 different Fire/Rescue Depts (New York / Texas / Virginia), I have my NREMT-B and numerous other fire/rescue certs.

I am looking to get my Paramedic. I am curious if anyone knows of any accredited online EMS programs that would fit my schedule. There is a local college that offers an accelerated Paramedic Program, but with my shift schedule I am more than likely unable to attend it. That leaves me with the alternative options of taking an online course or going through a 2 year program, with preference of an online course.

The only online courses I have seen are Percom & Lenoir CC. I am looking for people who have used these programs recently (I have seen another thread or two via search regarding them but they are a little dated). Percom states that it is a Texas agency, and upon completion I would receive my Paramedic through them which would allowed me to test for NREMT-P, and then transfer it into Virginia. However I am unclear if I have to take a test down in Texas or not.

Anyone who is "Local" to Virginia, or those whom have used a online program, any advise is welcomed as Virginia EMS has not been very helpful through this process.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
Hello,

My name is Cameron, I am employed as a U.S. Navy Corpsman. I am currently stationed in Virginia working in a Critical Care ward at a hospital. I have been with 3 different Fire/Rescue Depts (New York / Texas / Virginia), I have my NREMT-B and numerous other fire/rescue certs.

I am looking to get my Paramedic. I am curious if anyone knows of any accredited online EMS programs that would fit my schedule. There is a local college that offers an accelerated Paramedic Program, but with my shift schedule I am more than likely unable to attend it. That leaves me with the alternative options of taking an online course or going through a 2 year program, with preference of an online course.

The only online courses I have seen are Percom & Lenoir CC. I am looking for people who have used these programs recently (I have seen another thread or two via search regarding them but they are a little dated). Percom states that it is a Texas agency, and upon completion I would receive my Paramedic through them which would allowed me to test for NREMT-P, and then transfer it into Virginia. However I am unclear if I have to take a test down in Texas or not.

Anyone who is "Local" to Virginia, or those whom have used a online program, any advise is welcomed as Virginia EMS has not been very helpful through this process.

On the NREMT-P test- you can take it anywhere, it's only the licensing that can vary. I did my 'nremt' approved course in California, and took the actual test in Texas.