Paramedic education in Panama or Costa Rica

Sr Dingdong

Forum Crew Member
I recently discovered a 4 year paramedic program with UDELAS in Panama.
It seems pretty extensive, and covers a lot of subjects, like natural disasters, biodiversity, hazardous materials, pediatrics, search and rescue, rescue in confined spaces, jungle rescue and survival, risk analysis, advanced airway management, etc.
The list is too extensive to list it all, I tried to find the place where I downloaded the curriculum, but I cant find it. I can see if I can post the curriculum here if anybody is interested.

I guess its not necessarily a guarantee that the quality of education is good, so does anybody here know anything about how attractive UDELAS students are with possible employers?

It would be a lot cheaper to take than a paramedic education in the US, and seems a lot more extensive than the norwegian paramedic education, plus I think I would get a lot of interesting and more diverse experience than I would in Norway.

Im gonna talk with the person in charge of the education in my EMS service when I get home and see if they would approve a paramedic education in Panama.

I was at the university and talked with a professor, he said it would be a lot of options for jobs after completion, both in Panama and abroad.

It is probably a bit of a long shot to ask here, but if anybody have any more info about job opportunities upon completion and/or if it is a good enough program to be spending 4 years on or not I would be very glad to hear from you.