Paramedic course at Center for emergency medicine

Sr Dingdong

Forum Crew Member
I posted earlier about taking an EMT/paramedic course in the US. Not able to find it anymore, but anyways my question now is a bit more specific.

I´ve talked to a colleague of mine who took the paramedic course at the Center for Emergency Medicine in Pittsburgh, and she claimed it to be among the very best in the US, and one of very few that the ambulance services here in Norway would approve.
Not because our education is so much better than what you have in the US, but they are apparently very picky in general about converting american education to norwegian.
From what she told me, its vastly superior to the norwegian paramedic course, and pretty demanding.

Anyways, I was wondering if anybody here has any experience with that course?

What is the job opportunities afterwards, except working in the US as a paramedic?

Im mostly interested in foreign jobs, and she told me that before they used to have recruiters from different companies coming to recruit the students for different jobs, like in the middle east, on oil rigs and ships and in the Caribbean. However she told me that they had stopped doing that, since the majority of the people who takes that course is taking it as a part of a bachelor to later study medicine.
Im mostly interested in offshore jobs, something in the Caribbean, or other parts of Latin America.

Can anyone recommend any alternative schools I should look at that would give me the same opportunities? Preferably not anything more expensive than the above mentioned school, since I most likely will have to pay all of it myself.....

How are the options in Austin? Is the ACC any good?
I lived in Wimberley for 6 months and I absolutely fell in love with that place... The people are supernice, the city is just awesome, and I just simply enjoyed every minute I was there.