Paramedic Class

codethree

Forum Crew Member
I have been accepted into a local colleges paramedic course starting January. I am very excited to start the last chapter of my schooling. I am taking the course in Portland Oregon. It runs from January to December including internships. I am looking for some feedback.

In your opinion whats the hardest thing to learn?

What should I keep in mind while in class?

What did you do to make it through the course?

Thank you!

jlw

Dirty cot jockey
I'm near completing paramedic training myself (next month) and if you're program is anything like mine there is a huge emphasis on pathophysiology. That stuff was/is the hardest for me to learn and attempt to retain just because its not as exciting as drugs or cardiology. Things like Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and second degree type I wenckebach heart blocks will soon become part of your vocabulary.

I put off paramedic class for a long time fearing the worst. Realistically, I feel the material is far advanced over EMT but its not something that is impossible to learn. You can't half *** it though, it's been my observation that the people not willing to give 100% have not been successful.

Also, enjoy leisure time now. If you're like me and work full time as well as attend paramedic class, you're gonna have a bad time.