Pants! I love my pants!

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I'll tell you what, I'm happy with some new pants I got. On the 9 day & 9 state road trip that I took with the girlfriend over the 4th of July holiday, we stopped in to visit the kind folks at Aspen Mills so I could buy some new pants. The cheap imported BDU knockoffs that I had kept ripping. I don't like the pockets in my 5.11 Tactical pants. So, I decided to give Aspen Mills a try.

Best pants ever. They fit great, they're comfortable, the pockets are where I want them, and I spent from 0830 - 1900 working a street festival in 105f temperatures and my legs were the coolest parts of my body. I could even bend down to help people (hah, who am I kidding. we gave out 3 band aids all day. Very very low event turnout.) and I didn't feel like my pants were going to split.

Anyway, if anyone else was thinking about some new pants, you might want to check out the Aspen Mills stuff. The people that work there are also very helpful and friendly.

OP
OP
fm_emt

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
$44.95 each. Same price that I paid for the other pants that I like less. :)

BrandoEMT

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, they are in my home state and Gold Cross buys their uniforms through them...I love the pants too!!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I love my Horace Small EMS pants... best fitting pants I've had so far...

Only problem... the velcro on the pockets is coming undone... I'll have to repair it or replace it...

Or, get more pants.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
We have been using Aspen Mills for about 18 years now, they hold a nice pres and very durable. They also do not have that "baggy" appearance with snaps like others.

Once we changed, we never had thought of another type, they make a great jump suit that appears similar to a flight suit, that is nice as well, much better than the mechanic look many have.

R/r911

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
fm_emt said:
... I don't like the pockets in my 5.11 Tactical pants. So, I decided to give Aspen Mills a try...
I was thinking of going with 5.11, only because they're a bit less expensive than the stuff at Galls ($35 for the 5.11 at www.thefirestore.com). So what exactly is it you don't like about the 5.11 pockets...this is important because I'll be buying unseen and untouched...

Also...Which model Aspen Mills did you go with (and is the $44.95 price you quoted): The EMT-1, -2, or PMT?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
fm_emt

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
JJR512 said:
I was thinking of going with 5.11, only because they're a bit less expensive than the stuff at Galls ($35 for the 5.11 at www.thefirestore.com). So what exactly is it you don't like about the 5.11 pockets...this is important because I'll be buying unseen and untouched...

Also...Which model Aspen Mills did you go with (and is the $44.95 price you quoted): The EMT-1, -2, or PMT?

The EMT-2 from Aspen Mills.

The 5.11 pants are nice too, and I still wear them, but sometimes the kneepads are in the way. The pockets seem to be a bit too deep and they have a divider in them that is more of a nuisance than anything. And the pair I have seems to be splitting a little bit near the front pockets. The Aspen Mills pants allow me to bend/squat/run and i haven't felt like they're going to tear.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I own 1 pair of the "original" 5.11 khaki pants, as well as a pair of the shorts. The kneepads are an optional accessory, and the pants don't have any dividers in the pockets. You might have another version of the pants.

I LOVE the pants... the shorts are too long... the bottom of the leg falls just below my knee, it can get uncomfortable when I have to run up steps or otherwise strech... it gets caught.

As for the pants... They are my only "khaki" pants... I wear them camping, I wear them at the squad, I wear them for meetings/classes at work, and I wear them with a button-down shirt or a polo when I'm going out with friends... I LOVE them...

As for the Aspen Mills pants... I might be getting a pair after all... I might be loosing my EMS pants from my part-time job...

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
i'd just like a pair that didn't wear through the knees so fast...