Pacific Ambulance San Diego Interview

smelleecat

Forum Crew Member
Hey scored an interview June 8, 2011. Randy sent me an email. Anyone else get a spot?

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Congrats on getting the interview. I am sure many peeps here are not familiar with Pacific. But good going, hope you do well.

OP
OP
S

smelleecat

Forum Crew Member
Congrats on getting the interview. I am sure many peeps here are not familiar with Pacific. But good going, hope you do well.

Thats weird. I see them around all the time. For the most part, I figure the main BLS rigs around here are Pacific and Balboa. I see them more in the central San Diego area but more of AMR and ER in La Mesa and El Cajon.

Also this is part of the email:

"We will be reserving time slots based on a first come, first serve basis but there are more than enough time slots for all candidates to select one. The time slots will be every 20 minutes.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011

0800, 0830, 0900 , 0930, 1000, 1030, 1100,
1130, 1200, 1230, 1300, 1330, 1400"

So theres 13 slots and they said there will be more than enough slots for all candidates. I'm gathering that they don't have many candidates? I've always seen like 80 people for maybe 5 spots. They also did a hiring fair a month or two ago. Is there an emt shortage or something? I see a lot of places hiring lately and the positions aren't being filled quickly.
;)
Or maybe I'm out to lunch lol.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I think he means a majority of us wouldn't know them because we're not from CA... though some days it seems like the majority of posts are ABOUT CA EMS.
Congrats BTW!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Good luck. I work with them :)

OP
OP
S

smelleecat

Forum Crew Member
Had the interview today. Randy said he would let me know by email within two weeks if I got the position or not. An hour later, he called me an offered a position. Guess I must have rocked that interview. Super excited that all the hard work I went through is actually going to pay off. YAY!!!!