PA State Certification

DancingEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hello All!

I am a current EMT-B certified in the state of Massachusetts, and I will soon be moving to Pennsylvania. I am trying to find information on the process of certifying in PA, but unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding the right information online and my phone calls and emails have not been answered. From the information I could find, I got the impression that I should be taking the state practical and written in PA; however, I spoke with a classmate of mine a while ago who said he had spoken with someone and learned it was not necessary to take the state exams if you already held a satisfactory out-of-state certification. Is there anyone who can shed some light on this, or point me in the right direction in terms of who I should be contacting? Thank you in advance for any assistance =)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
PA is entertaining. There are 16 regional councils within the state. Each council has staff that are responsible for the administration of EMS within the council (Certifying/recertifying, inspecting ambulances, etc).

The list is here: http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/health/cwp/view.asp?q=237548

Best bet is to talk with the regional folks for the area you are moving to.

Where are you moving to? Are you planning on working and/or volunteering as an EMT? I'm in suburban Philadelphia... and we've got folks on here from across the state.