Online CE

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Has anyone had any issues with their OEMS posting online CE? Mass seems to be taking a little longer than usual to process mine.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I presume you're talking about MA DPH OEMS. What website are you using? MedicEd, but actually all of the providers send rosters in once a month or so, and as long as you complete the classes by 12/31, you're good, as they'll send it in within the first few weeks in January.

The database visible on the OEMS website is NOT current or updated often-- rely on the printout you were sent by mail a few weeks ago. ANY classes you complete after that printout (or that didn't appear on the page) should be put onto a discrepancy reporting form sent into OEMS.

If you have other questions, shoot me a PM.

OP
OP
ARose

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks, I actually just sent you a PM.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Correction, what I said about relying on a printout from OEMS only applies to those who's certification expires in April, 2012.

mediceducator

Forum Ride Along
Hi Arose,

I work for Medic-CE.com, and as a MA OEMS accredited provider, we are required to send a spreadsheet at the beginning of each month for the previous months completed courses. Therefore, as long as you take courses from an accredited provider, they will get submitted.

You are right that there is typically a delay between organizations like ours submitting course completion records and the MA OEMS posting them to the website. It can take up to several weeks.

Two things to be careful about when taking online CE as an MA OEMS provider:
1) Be sure to take BLS level courses if you are a BLS provider and be sure to take ALS level courses if you are an ALS provider.
2) Almost all online CE sites have an evaluation (or course survey) after the exam. Be sure to complete the evaluation as this is what the date of completion will be based on.

Hope this helps. Good luck and Happy New Year!

OP
OP
ARose

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Hi Arose,

I work for Medic-CE.com, and as a MA OEMS accredited provider, we are required to send a spreadsheet at the beginning of each month for the previous months completed courses. Therefore, as long as you take courses from an accredited provider, they will get submitted.

You are right that there is typically a delay between organizations like ours submitting course completion records and the MA OEMS posting them to the website. It can take up to several weeks.

Two things to be careful about when taking online CE as an MA OEMS provider:
1) Be sure to take BLS level courses if you are a BLS provider and be sure to take ALS level courses if you are an ALS provider.
2) Almost all online CE sites have an evaluation (or course survey) after the exam. Be sure to complete the evaluation as this is what the date of completion will be based on.

Hope this helps. Good luck and Happy New Year!

I think my next cert cycle I may do my CE through your company. Thank you for the info!