One of those nights...

MJordan2121

Forum Crew Member
Well, I went to work yesterday hoping it would be like any other Sunday...a pretty easy going shift. Boy, was I wrong! We had a finger amputation where a newspaper worker got her finger caught in the machine. Was able to recover the finger, but unfortunately, it was not able to be reattached, according to the hospital. Then, we had to extricate a pt from the woods, who was found by the family after several hours of searching. The weather had dropped to 32 degrees and he was out there with a pelvic fracture for over 9.5 hours, took two hours to get him out because we had no direct path in or out. Then, we went to a call for an older child with a self-inficted GSW to the head and on the next call, we encountered mace that was accidentally set off by an officer.
Has anyone else had as much bad luck in one night as that? LOL! The EMS Gods had it in for us last night.

OP
OP
M

MJordan2121

Forum Crew Member
Probably about 200-300 yards. He heard gunshots on his property and went to find the culprits, lol, and post signs. Also, did I mention, he was in his 90s? :) Hx of hip replacement. Tough old man, wearing nothing more than a ****ie's shirt and pants. He fell about 20 yards from a river. Lucky he didn't fall in and drown.

jochi1543

Forum Captain
Probably about 200-300 yards. He heard gunshots on his property and went to find the culprits, lol, and post signs. Also, did I mention, he was in his 90s? :) Hx of hip replacement. Tough old man, wearing nothing more than a ****ie's shirt and pants. He fell about 20 yards from a river. Lucky he didn't fall in and drown.

Well, you ARE stationed in Mississippi...:p I used to live in the Gulfport area, by the way, and worked right in town.

RailFan77

Forum Crew Member
OK...You must have really ticked off the EMS Gods to make them give you that kind of night.

Sounds like one of those shifts that you will look back on one day and talk about over a cold one.

jochi1543

Forum Captain
Sounds like a blast. All I got today was a test page. LOL. Of course, there's still hope for a 3 AM MVC that requires a 3-hour drive to the city complete with an intercept by STARS somewhere (yeah, right...in my dreams :wacko:).