Old and New EMT on board!!!

rollingbones

Forum Probie
Hey all,
My name is Mark...and I'm a recovering EMT...Not really. I just joined the forum and thought I'd sign up and see wazzzup!!! I'm 54, married, 4 kids (all left home... we changed the locks... and they keep getting back in). I entered the Air Force in '72 and retired in '97. I was a certified EMT in the military (Vandenberg AFB, Yokota AB Japan and the Aire Force Academy Hosp) from 1976-1984 or so. I did retrain as an orthopedic technician in '77, but kept the EMT up for awhile. I entered the reserves in 85 and have been working at a Level I Trauma Center for 22+ years covering In-Pt and the Emergency Room. In '03 I became an affiliated volunteer with the Sacramento Metro Fire Dept in their CERT (Commuity Emergency Response Team) program. I recently attanended American Ricer College to renew my EMT (also working towards a nursing degree) so as to be able to cover community events as an EMT/Volunteer. I'm also a neighborhood watch coordinator and a licensed foster parent.
I was very pleasantly surprised as to the advancements EMT's have made since I was certified sometime in the late middle portion of the previous century. I do belong to a Mega-Scooter forum (BurgmanUSA) so I'm familiar how things work in places like this... it's all good as long as everyone respects each other and discussions do not involve Guns, Religion and/or Politics...right? I'll be looking forward to getting acquainted to other "medics" and conversing with ya'll!!!

certguy

Forum Captain
Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard Mark ,

It's good to see another old timer and CERT member on the site . I was an EMT 14 yrs. then took a 15 yr. hiadus and got recerted again last june . I volunteer with CERT , Red Cross , and soon will be with Medical Reserve Corps . This site's a great resource , I wish it was around when I was active in the field .

Craig

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe!! :)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey all,
I'm 54, married, 4 kids (all left home... we changed the locks... and they keep getting back in).

It helps to bar the windows too! If that fails, you just have to move!