Oklahoma EMT-B classes

DerekC

Forum Crew Member
I am currently at OSU-OKC taking my Municipal Fire Prevention (firefighter) classes. I am needing to take my EMT-B classes this summer. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience there or at OCCC and which they thought was better. I have heard that the program for EMT at OCCC is better, but if i can keep everything at the same school, that would be good too.

Thanks for your help
Derek

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I dint know too much, sorry. FWIW, EMT class rarely matters who teaches it.

jagonz5413

Forum Ride Along
hey derek. im currently in emt-b at osu okc. next week is my last week for this course. I have night classes with debbie wells, she is awesome! 25+yrs exp so shes pretty knowledgeable. very fast pace. lots and lots of reading. they will try anything and everything to help you pass. lab instructors are pretty good, only thing is they fly by the skills, you pretty much have to be able to learn quick. overall not bad ive had a good exp. occc hmm havent heard too much about them. only reason i chose osu okc because its way closer to me. (Nw side) as far as municipal fire. i need to take ff1. how is their course?

OP
OP
D

DerekC

Forum Crew Member
So far the fire classes are great! Kenny Heitzman is AWESOME. You have to have EMT before you can do FF1, so I don't know about that part yet.