Okay I got one for ya...can't feel pulse in one extremity after running?

Hockey

Quackers
This really isn't a scenario, and just wondering what this could be caused from in a relatively healthy adult.

Just got done running, and can feel a strong radial pulse in the left side, but no pulse in the right side.

SVT? But every case I've ran into it they had either pulses on one side, or none at all.

Just curious on that. This was not a treatment call or anything like that

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Homework?

Here's a hint, explore the great vessels.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
The other possibility is user error as noted before...

or the fact that there are certain vessels on one side that we do not have on the other.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
or the fact that there are certain vessels on one side that we do not have on the other.

Assuming that common points (carotid, radial or femoral) are being used I wouldn't think this was the case.

Of course I COULD be reading way too much into this, I'm on day three of four at work and it's close to bedtime...

Mobey

Forum Probie
Some sort of spasm?

Unlikely as spasm is usually the result of injury.

Seriously though....
This could just be a physiological abnormality (like a misplaced/deep radial artery). I assume you are only checking radial pulse, as if you are checking femoral and carotid and only finding a pulse on one side.... well, that is likely assessment error.

Though unlikely, this could be something more sinister like artery disease, or even aneurysm.

You should go get checked out.

sdadam

DialedMedics.com
Seriously user error, and conformation bias for the second assessor.

You had a radial pulse, I promise.