Oh joy...

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Just wanted to do a little ranting about how I will be doing a total of 65 hours of Stand By Medical Aid for a big event starting tomorrow. It's a 5 day event and I will be there everyday. Last year when I did this.. I was burnt out after that for two weeks. After all it is about 11 hours a day in the hot sun. So I hope this time it will be a little better...
:censored::censored::censored::censored:

On the bright side.. last year I did it, it was very busy.
3x grand mal seizure, cardiac emergency, I stopped a rape... Knife fight, countless assaults, and many others.

Thank you all for letting me rant. :glare:

Hastings

Noobie
Just wanted to do a little ranting about how I will be doing a total of 65 hours of Stand By Medical Aid for a big event starting tomorrow. It's a 5 day event and I will be there everyday. Last year when I did this.. I was burnt out after that for two weeks. After all it is about 11 hours a day in the hot sun. So I hope this time it will be a little better...
:censored::censored::censored::censored:

On the bright side.. last year I did it, it was very busy.
3x grand mal seizure, cardiac emergency, I stopped a rape... Knife fight, countless assaults, and many others.

Thank you all for letting me rant. :glare:

Wow, you're kinda like a do-it-all.

Way to go with those last three though. A bit beyond the general scope of practice and yet all awesome.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
i dont know what it is about me but i let the guys with the guns deal with the violence and the guys with the hoses deal with the hot stuff so i can stick to doing my job. i know, its weird...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
traumateam1

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
For the rape.. My partner and I were sitting there and a home care nurse came and got us.. so we went over and as I went down this little hill (pretty much in plain view for everyone to see) a cop pulled around the corner so my partner flagged him down, and then I've never seen a cop move so fast before in my life.
I do gotta say.. that was the only time in my life (to date) that a cop was where you needed them at the right time.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
i have had weeks where i did 96 hours in a row...we were short and had no other choice...i feel you though.

OP
OP
traumateam1

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Well just to update all you that posted lol...
It went good, it was very long but I lived!!
In total we had 119 injuries.. mostly minors however we had a few majors.
They included,
A woman who broker her back,
Triage.. dancers went down with heat exhaustion (about 20 of them) and 1 ended up with the heat stroke and me taking off my shoes and socks and talking with her knee deep into the lake and holding her in for about 7 minutes. 1 with heat exhaustion and diabetic emerg. and 1 with heat exhaustion and asthma attack.
And a woman who had heat stroke and 4 grand mal seizures.
Those were the 3 main situations.
Well off to bed. Take care everyone, and stay safe out there!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
We once had to listen to Rickie Nelson sing live ("Garden Party"!) for ten hours

alternating with the "WOO!" 's of the amplified lady we came to call the Aerobics Mau-Mau at the Nebraska State Fair. Tell ME about inhuman assingments!

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
im feeling you too!! 123 last week, with only 18 hours off. last week sucked!!! lol