O.k. Philly peeps, I'm in town today

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Stuck at a cheap assed hotel that charges for EVERYTHING. Even to breathe I think. No continental breakfast, massively overpriced restaraunt, and I have 3 little beans that demand non fancy sustenance. I'm center city in the Four points Sheraton next to the convention center. Tell me there's a Mc Donalds or some other form of cheap food near by for these spawn. Hubz is here for a conference for his job and we dropped him off will be back to pick him up this weekend, but in the mean time thought I'd show the kids the constitution on the way home in the a.m.

EMS49393

Forum Captain
I'm not going to sugar coat this; Philly sucks. I can't think of one good thing about Philly, but then again, I'm from Baltimore and there is only two places we hate more than Philly, New York and Pittsburgh.

Philly is only good for one thing and that is it's history. It's a fabulous place to see some prize Revolutionary War sites. Then again, so is Baltimore, and the Star Spangled Banner was written here. B)

OP
OP
Sassafras

Sassafras

Forum Captain
I'm going to have to say I LOVE Philly. Would actually consider moving here if I were forced to move to the city. Given I went to college nearby. I'm just not sure about places within walking distance to where I am now that are kid friendly. I do see a Japanese restaraunt out the window, but my kids won't eat that LOL. I am in love with the history here. But again, my issue tonight is nutritional. :D

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
What are you doing vacationing on a school night? Do you homeschool?

Anyway, nothing's free in Philly, especially not parking. Don't miss Ben Franklin's privy, though. It was our favorite part. We toured with some honduran friends, and they loved it...just like back home, lol.

OP
OP
Sassafras

Sassafras

Forum Captain
You are permitted as per state law to have excused abscences for educational purposes. So we got the homework from the teachers and are taking advantage of the opportunity since we had to take their dad out here and drop him off anyway. If I turned around and went home last night I would have been driving with migraine meds in my system and that wouldn't have been good haha. Also it would have been 2 a.m. by the time I got home. So, the best option is to get something educational out of today and go from there. Last time we attempted Independence Mall, my daughter petered out long before Ben Franklin. We shall see if they last that long since I forgot the stroller and have a 3 year old in tow today. :wacko: