NYC paramedic question

jd3123

Forum Probie
Well first I should say I am starting my emt-b training right now and I hope I can get a job with that asap but I suspect I will have to get some volunteer work under my belt which I have no issue with. My question is though because I strongly want to be a medic, how long do you think I will have to wait to find a job with a hospital. Do they hire medics who only have emtb experience? I will obviously apply for fdny and I would love to do that but I'm seeing private hospitals around long island and NYC are making more.

Anyone who has worked at a hospital as a medic I would appreciate any help, even if you are outside ny.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jd3123

Forum Probie
I shouldn't say all hospitals around here because that's not true, fdny medics make a nice salary after 5 years.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Well first I should say I am starting my emt-b training right now and I hope I can get a job with that asap but I suspect I will have to get some volunteer work under my belt which I have no issue with. My question is though because I strongly want to be a medic, how long do you think I will have to wait to find a job with a hospital. Do they hire medics who only have emtb experience? I will obviously apply for fdny and I would love to do that but I'm seeing private hospitals around long island and NYC are making more.

Anyone who has worked at a hospital as a medic I would appreciate any help, even if you are outside ny.

Pay isn't measured in only dollar signs.

OP
OP
J

jd3123

Forum Probie
Pay isn't measured in only dollar signs.

I know, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to be as financially secure as possible. And trust me I would love to be with fdny because I also have interest in being firefighter.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I know, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to be as financially secure as possible. And trust me I would love to be with fdny because I also have interest in being firefighter.

I think he was talking about fdny's benefits package.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief

Hit the gym now...