NY EMT-CC to Paramedic Bridge Course

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
Anyone doing the course through Northwell Health? Trying to get everything in order for the June course, wondering if anyone has any early reviews.

chbochur

Forum Probie
Anyone doing the course through Northwell Health? Trying to get everything in order for the June course, wondering if anyone has any early reviews.
Hey have you started this course? How is it going?
I need to sign up for this sooner then later.
Unless there's another bridge program I'm not familiar with

AidetoMedic

Forum Ride Along
Is this cheaper than going to a medic program? I live in tristate area Im just curious.

OP
OP
OceanBossMan263

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
Next course is announced for October this year, which is the one I'll likely be going into. Tuition for this course is only $1500 plus around $800 for materials, and the didactic portion is entitely online. It's meant only to bridge the gap between the EMT-Critical Care and Paramedic education. As of now, the program is only good for NY and isn't approved for NREMT testing. It's meant for people who are actively providing at the EMT-CC level for a period of 3+ years, since NY is no longer providing courses at this level as they streamline toward national standards.

chbochur

Forum Probie
Next course is announced for October this year, which is the one I'll likely be going into. Tuition for this course is only $1500 plus around $800 for materials, and the didactic portion is entitely online. It's meant only to bridge the gap between the EMT-Critical Care and Paramedic education. As of now, the program is only good for NY and isn't approved for NREMT testing. It's meant for people who are actively providing at the EMT-CC level for a period of 3+ years, since NY is no longer providing courses at this level as they streamline toward national standards.

I shall possibly join you. Let me know how the signup process is and what info they need.
Thanks

OP
OP
OceanBossMan263

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
I'm signed up for the October program. Application period runs through Monday September 30. Course runs 10/15/2019 to 10/15/2020 for the state written exam.

OP
OP
OceanBossMan263

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
Update: Third Cohort has completed the program and been accepted for state testing. I tested and became certified yesterday.

Covid put us on an unexpected break for about a month (luckily giving more time to study cardiology) and then the module exams which were previously proctored at local academies were moved to Zoom. That change looks like it will stay with future classes. 104 made it through the first 2 classes and all passed state certification. Awaiting the stats from this class.