NREMT to work in Illinois

cyclones6

Forum Ride Along
I am brand new posting to this forum, but somehow it always comes up when I search some of the questions I have typed into Google as I go through the process of becoming an EMT-B lol. I just took the NREMT today, and I am hoping I have passed, and if not I am confident I will pass the next time around. Is there anybody from Illinois that can help me out when it comes to what needs to be done after getting the NREMT certification? Do I need to take the state licensure test, or will the NREMT suffice? I am reading online that Illinois does not accept the NREMT, but the IDPH website talks about taking the NREMT. I am eager to practice as a basic as soon as i will be hired so I want to make sure I cover all grounds and get all of my certification and licensure requirements ASAP. The instructor of the class told us that we could either take the state test and be good to go in just the state of Illinois, or take the national (which I did) and it would allow us to practice in Illinois along with other states. Input from others who have gone through this would be greatly appreciated. I am excited to join this forum!