NREMT test change?

msion

Forum Ride Along
Hello, I have completed my EMT program recently and the instructor was talking about a possible change in curriculum that could happen in December. From what I had read, it seems that there is already a new standard. Will the national registry test be different? I used the Emergency Transportation for the Sick and Injured, 9th edition, and now they have a 10th edition to fullfill the new national standards. Will study from the previous (9th) book still help me to pass the test?
I also plan to use their review manual to study for it. Any feedback would be helpful, thanks!

danlimmer

Forum Probie
NREMT and Education Standards

The NREMT won't change to the new EMS Education Standards until early 2012. You can study from the book you used in class.

You should note that the new standards don't change medicine or science--all the things you were taught are still true. There will be a few new terms for things and some increased depth of knowledge (e.g. pathophysiology) in the course. But the NREMT is already pretty in depth in those areas.

For the NREMT, study scenario-based questions and any critical thinking exercises you may have in your book.