NREMT-P

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone, Just have a few questions to ask about the NREMT-P exam as I will be taking it tomorrow.
First off what can I expect ? I just took my state exam last week and passed and I know this test is a wholeeeee different animal, I feel fairly confident in my knowledge of the material and how things work. I took a 16 hr prep class before my state exam that pretty much broke down everything an put things into more perspective, I've heard alot of things such as slow down an read the question and understand whats going on and what the question ask you. What can I expect to see just pretty much everything, I mean my state exam was broken into sections of things with alot of questions on airway or cardiology limited some on operations and what not, can I also expect drug cals and drips ?? how is the NR exam set up or does it vary ? Anything anyone has to say would be greatly appreciate thanks.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
There are lots of threads here that explain the test. A quick google search will also produce the answers you are looking for.
A few big ones are

Many of the questions are best answer vs right answer.
Know your skill sheets. There will be what comes first / what comes next questions.
If you know your material or are a decent test taker you should do fine. Don't let the test psych you out. Remember it is designed to test minimum competency.

OP
OP
S

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
I'm sure as we all have been taught BLS before ALS will be a big thing to remember when faced with such questions as what to do next. An I have googled searched for help. But there are so many things about NREMT-P test an so much to go thru. I found this forum, still going page by page to see everything that has been mentioned. But also to save time I started this thread.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
There is a search feature and a dedicated nremt forum. The nremt website also explains the test a bit. Try searching computer based (CBT) testing or computer adaptive test.