NREMT moving questions

6.5diesel_therapy

Forum Probie
I'm finishing up my clinical's for intermediate, then off to take the national registry. My question is I'm moving to North Carolina soon, i know that state doesn't except NREMT. Is there anything i need to do like call the state for testing info there? Has anyone else made this move? If so any advice? Id hate for the state to say i need to start EMT school all over.

djm0219

Forum Probie
Don't know where you got your information but this, from the OEMS site, indicates that NREMT is recognized.

http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dhsr/EMS/resopros.htm

People who currently hold an EMS credential from another state or with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) may be issued a North Carolina EMS credential through legal recognition. People seeking legal recognition must reside in North Carolina; or, attend an EMS educational program in North Carolina; or, work for a licensed North Carolina EMS provider. A North Carolina Credentialing Information System (CIS) profile must be established prior to making application.

Lady_EMT

Forum Lieutenant
Worse comes to worse, you may have to "challenge" the state test, which is when you go and just take the state written and practical (if that's how NC does it) without taking the actual class.

It may be different, but like everyone else has said, take a look at the websites, and you can always call the state OEMS office and ask them.