NREMT-B for those practicing in PA

emtech419

Forum Probie
Reaction score
My question pertains to the practicality of being nationally registered in Pennsylvania.

If there are any EMT-Bs here that practice in pennsylvania, do you find it worth it to become nationally registered?

The bigger question is where on earth can one take the exam in western pennsylvania? I even asked an NREMT examiner and he had no idea as to where one could take the practical.

It's "national". If you can't find a place to take it within 500 miles then it's your fault.

I am considering creating a "Poly-Regional Registry of EMTs". Wanna join?

I am from Pennsylvania and got my National Registry just for the added credential. It may look good to some employers.

I took mine at Harrisburg Area Community College... not sure how far that is from you... website is hacc.edu... click on the Public Safety Center link.

My question pertains to the practicality of being nationally registered in Pennsylvania..........do you find it worth it to become nationally registered?

If there is no chance of you ever moving away from PA and working in another state, then I don't see any reason for National Registry.

Back