NREMT accreditation

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
So I have a question about Paramedic school accreditation. I'm just a little confused by it.

I understand the NREMT wants all Paramedic school to be accredited. But what if your school only has the Letter of Review? Are you still able to take the NREMT Paramedic? Will it be accepted by other NREMT states?

Thanks for the help.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
You need to call the NREMT for this we could not answer this question. It completely involves what the NREMT accepts, unless someone else here has taken a course recently that just had a letter of review and called I don't see anyone being able to have a good answer.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
I just went through a program that had a letter of review. I sat for the practical and written, and got my certification. So yes, if your school has the letter, you're good.

However, I'm not sure what happens if your school loses their letter of review, or doesn't eventually receive accreditation. You could potentially get screwed if this were to happen, I'm not sure. Like, say you're halfway through the program, and they get their letter pulled for some reason. That puts you in a bad spot, and you've potentially just wasted a whole bunch of time and money if they can't get it back. Hopefully that wouldn't happen, but just be aware that it's a possibility and look out for yourself.

You should talk to some current students at the program you're considering to get a feel for it. Make sure people aren't having trouble getting clinical placements, and see if people seem reasonably happy with the program.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
As long as your school had a letter of review when you started school you will be able to take the NREMT.

OP
OP
T

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
Thank you all. I just don't want to pay for a class and not be able to take the NREMT or just be state recognized.