Nothing special, but exciting to me none-the-less

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
I'm amazed how many here are so concerned over the economics of another. If Trevor's purchase helps him instill pride in his education then that is his business and his money. I like his enthusiasm toward his upcoming education and if going for all the gusto helps him develop a passion for EMS then that's okay in my book!

Laur68EMT is right though Trevor. Your first lesson in a business filled with "know it alls" is to get a thick skin and take some hits. As you are finding out, people with a passion can become easy targets.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
I'm amazed how many here are so concerned over the economics of another. If Trevor's purchase helps him instill pride in his education then that is his business and his money. I like his enthusiasm toward his upcoming education and if going for all the gusto helps him develop a passion for EMS then that's okay in my book!

Laur68EMT is right though Trevor. Your first lesson in a business filled with "know it alls" is to get a thick skin and take some hits. As you are finding out, people with a passion can become easy targets.

Again thank you, I'm glad to see some other people actually encouraging me and not criticizing me over everything i post. I really appreciate it.

It's just my first few days on this forum made me question wanting to be an emt to at all. If people are gonna treat me like crap because i have equipment and am prepared then I don't think I would be able to be enjoy it. But it looks like there are just some bitter people who think I am a "whacker" and that is fine I'll just choose to ignore them.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Again thank you, I'm glad to see some other people actually encouraging me and not criticizing me over everything i post. I really appreciate it.

It's just my first few days on this forum made me question wanting to be an emt to at all. If people are gonna treat me like crap because i have equipment and am prepared then I don't think I would be able to be enjoy it. But it looks like there are just some bitter people who think I am a "whacker" and that is fine I'll just choose to ignore them.

The "ignore them" is part of the thick skin process that myself and others have brought to your attention. Sometimes just ignoring what others say is the best to way to get along with others. This business is not for just anyone and you are already learning just a small part of it.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
The "ignore them" is part of the thick skin process that myself and others have brought to your attention. Sometimes just ignoring what others say is the best to way to get along with others. This business is not for just anyone and you are already learning just a small part of it.

Yep that is what i'm figuring out...

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
I am not calling you a whacker Trevor. If your a whacker for getting a quality piece of equipment than I am a super whacker with my ADC cardiology stethoscope.

I am trying to humble you so you make an informed decision and also toughen you up a bit, because your going to get criticism at a private company or class for having a good stethoscope with others telling you your a rescue randy or a know it all. Push past what other's say and do things for yourself and you will be better for it.

Good luck with your EMT endeavors! I was excited too to get a BP cuff my first day of class.

OP
OP
Sieldan

Sieldan

Forum Crew Member
More goodies! My class shirts came in, along with my pants. And I think I look good in em too. And the wife agrees, hehe :)

trevor1189

Forum Captain
my littman came in the mail today... i'm at college so i have to wait until i get home this weekend to check it out.

OP
OP
Sieldan

Sieldan

Forum Crew Member
my littman came in the mail today... i'm at college so i have to wait until i get home this weekend to check it out.

Oh, that has got to suck! Its bad enough when I've ordered something and I get a shipment notification, sometimes I think I could have driven to the location, picked up the product, and driven home faster than Fed-UP could have gotten it to me. Lol

trevor1189

Forum Captain
Oh, that has got to suck! Its bad enough when I've ordered something and I get a shipment notification, sometimes I think I could have driven to the location, picked up the product, and driven home faster than Fed-UP could have gotten it to me. Lol
haha yes it does suck. but good news is that I found out today that there is an accelerated emt program that starts in june, 120 hours. ~$300 depending on text books and assuming my FD accepts me as a volunteer they will reimburse me for it.

So once I am done this semester I will be going to EMT school! It is only 30 minutes from my house and meets 8-5 for about a month. Then I am EMT-B Certified! I'm amped.

OP
OP
Sieldan

Sieldan

Forum Crew Member
Cool for ya then. But I thought you were already in an EMS program? Or am I just confused again?

trevor1189

Forum Captain
Cool for ya then. But I thought you were already in an EMS program? Or am I just confused again?

nope nope, i'm in a first responder training class that gives you the option of becoming certified at the end. but if i'm going emt-b i might just skip paying for certification and wait and use the skills i learn in emt training.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
PS Also just signed up for a 16 hour EVOC class that is free. I figure the more training the better.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Unless Penn is different, MFR's can't drive ambulances/transport pt's, so it would be best to go on to EMT class afterword.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
Unless Penn is different, MFR's can't drive ambulances/transport pt's, so it would be best to go on to EMT class afterword.

yep planning on it, not really interested in driving an ambulance though. More into patient care. I am taking a free EVOC class at home on the 31st and 7th though.