No EMT jobs in AZ?

AZFF/EMT

Forum Lieutenant
PMT does 911 for scottsadale, Tempe, and splits chandler with Southwest. SW does Surprise, Glendale, Peoria, Sun city, Avondale, Goodyear, El Mirage, Mesa Guadalupe, Gilbert, AJ, Queen Creek, anywhere rural metro is the fire department and a lot of pinal county as well. Life Line ambulance covers Whittman, Circle City/Morristown and wickenburg in the far NW maricopa county area.

Currently Sun City West Fire Department has an ems division as does Sun Lakes Fire. Both have non firefighter EMT/Paramedic units.

Only Daisy Mountain Fire, Phoenix, and Buckeye Valley Fire have Rescue's staffed with firefighters.

Some of scottsdales PMT ambo's have 2 firefighters on board, and chandler has a Fire medic on the PMT ambo's.

Tempe just started hiring civilian medics for a couple of the PMT units in tempe.

AZFF/EMT

Forum Lieutenant
I think in the near future the trend will be cities beginning to slowly push out private companies and either put up their own rescues staffed with firefighters or EMS divisions.

Most people are not hapopy with the privates around here.

Privates are a great place to start and get experience though or even make a career if thats your choice. IFT's can be a great learning experience as well/.

phunguy

Forum Crew Member
I would love to work the EMS division in Sun City West, the guys out there are dedicated to the field. They only hire 1 person every blue moon though.

I called Southwest and they do not hire any part time staff. Which I find weird, you get an employee who works for you that the copany doesn't pay benefits for. Its a win win for the company.

I know PMT hires part time so its off to them next :)

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
Network

I would recommend getting in at one of the local ERs. Work there for a minute and get to know the EMTs/Medics that are bringing the patients in. In my experience, some ER staff (not all) can be very icy/stand-offish to the ambulance crews... DON'T BE THAT GUY. Greet them, be friendly, offer assistance and smile. Trust me, after a few return visits, you WILL be remembered. Maybe even asked to hang out after work or attend local EMS/Fire functions.

There is nothing like having someone on the inside pulling for you, or at least pointing you in the right direction. It may take a minute, but not many things worthwhile happen overnight.

Good Luck!

az4591

Forum Ride Along
Life Line Ambulance is hiring!

Well, if you wouldn't mind getting out of the Phoenix heat, Life Line Ambulance in Prescott is hiring for FT and Reserve EMTs. However, they require that you move to the Prescott area and not commute from the valley.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well, if you wouldn't mind getting out of the Phoenix heat, Life Line Ambulance in Prescott is hiring for FT and Reserve EMTs. However, they require that you move to the Prescott area and not commute from the valley.

Damn, if my cert would transfer I'd be all over that!

az4591

Forum Ride Along
Prescott EMT jobs

If you are certified as an EMT through National Registry, you can get an Arizona license. The next paragraph is from the Arizona Bureau of EMS website. http://www.azdhs.gov/bems/index.htm

if you hold current NREMT registration as an EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic, but have not yet completed an Arizona ALS refresher or EMT-B refresher, you may apply for one temporary 6-month EMT-B or EMT-P certification. Temporary 6-month EMT certification may be extended for 18 months after an EMT completes an Arizona ALS refresher or EMT-B refresher. The requirements for temporary certification are provided in R9-25-405, available here.

Life Line Ambulance doesn't pay relocation expenses and won't pay for travel expenses to interview and test. EMTs are paid $11-$15+ per hour and work 12 hour shifts.

ECHO3ONE

Forum Ride Along
I am in Arizona looking for an EMT-B job. I applied for an ER Tech numerous times, but they always say they want someone with ER experience. How I am I going to get ER experience if I never get a chance. :huh:

slarve23

Forum Ride Along
echo, also if you want to apply for southwest dont worry about if they are hiring on the website... take your resume into the station 1 office and drop it off. I noticed that this is an older post and currently southwest is hiring part time employees as well. With the private companies you start as IF which is a good way to get hands on experience.