no church in the wild

ttoude

Forum Crew Member
Guess ill post my thoughts here, Facebook is overated. It not real often I look over the new music fence but I got wind of the new movie, Safe House. It looks good but the trailer background music caught my attention. It's a song called No Church in the wild by Kanye West (mediocre rapper) and Jay Z.

I stopped paying attention to rap about a year ago, its become what I like to call "baby food rap", simplistic and easy to swallow. But now here's this video reversing the American slavery issue, provocitive. I like it already. What some folks fail to realize is there's no limit to man's inhumanity to man and if the shoe was on the other foot........

I did autopsies for a short while and one thing became evident very quickly, "Anyone is capable of ANYTHING". Granny pulling a gun on arriving emts that SHE called, 30 years married spouse killing everyone in the house or THAT coworker that shows up with a shotgun to work one day.

I just really like the idea of turning popular conceptions on thier respective ears. And folk that may still be mad about slavery, ethnic cleansing or the balance of financial power in the world don't realize that evil knows no color. In fact it was a neighboring African tribe that invaded a small west African fishing villiage and sold what would be my great x 4 grandfather/mother to a rich Irish American family......
Irish rarely had slaves or where rich in America, but my family has light skin, freckles and red hair.

And if an EMT knows anything, they know that people can be pretty evil.

In any event I'm happy about this video cause it turns the mirror around on the complainer and forces him to see the depths of his own soul.

YouTube search "No Church in the Wild. "

Steam Engine

Forum Lieutenant
Interesting concept for sure...the complexities and after-effects of slavery are still pretty difficult to comprehend, and what is commonly known in the modern era barely scratches the surface of what really occurred.

habibti74

Forum Probie
You do realize that modern day slavery exists all over the world right? That human rights are constantly being violated not only all over the globe but even in our own country. This video was disturbing because I'm sure similiar things are still going on all over the world - esp in parts of the Middle East.

OP
OP
ttoude

ttoude

Forum Crew Member
You do realize that modern day slavery exists all over the world right? That human rights are constantly being violated not only all over the globe but even in our own country. This video was disturbing because I'm sure similiar things are still going on all over the world - esp in parts of the Middle East.

I realize it and acknowledge that American slavery was one of the shortest and least barbaric slavery periods. The meads and the Persians where probably the most brutal and sadistic of the "slave" masters. As slaves go my family was well treated as far as human property goes. And yeah 21st century is unexceptible. Being this close to the boarder we get a rolled over van full of dead slaves once a year or so. Courtesy of el coyote.

habibti74

Forum Probie
Well right but you also have the Eastern European and East Asian girls who are generally treated as sex slaves not to mention how its still way to common to be whipped or executed for sex outside of marriage in Saudi Arabia or other countries that still exist under their misinterpretations of Sharia law.

OP
OP
ttoude

ttoude

Forum Crew Member
Well as much as I'd like to address all facets of the realm of slavery...... Getting back to the original topic, Man's inhumanity despite his color. The story I'm the video directly attacks the idea that the slave can be JUST as evil as the master and to assume otherwise is a mistake. Every shift I work proves it too.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
pre-Evolution

We're still animals, but further armed with rationalization which has no color limitations, only targets.

Steam Engine

Forum Lieutenant
Well as much as I'd like to address all facets of the realm of slavery...... Getting back to the original topic, Man's inhumanity despite his color. The story I'm the video directly attacks the idea that the slave can be JUST as evil as the master and to assume otherwise is a mistake. Every shift I work proves it too.

Take Mississippi-in-Africa for example. This was a colony in Liberia made up of freed slaves that existed from 1835-1842. One of the first things they did was enslave the locals when they weren't busy fighting them...further proof that it's conditioning over color, with some human nature thrown in.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I think there's some hope, though. If you go back a thousand years, slavery was normal and accepted. Everyone did it to everyone. Selling your own kids or neighbors into slavery was just a way to put food on the table, or to get rid of prisoners of war. These days, just about every legal code admits it's not OK. It's a long way from over, but I'd call that progress.