New York EMT

hitman196

Forum Probie
Hello I'm wondering if anyone know what textbook or course materials New York used with their EMT courses. I'm starting a class in January but was thinking about start studying early and having the guys at my station help me out.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Not sure about NY, but BRADY Emergency Care 12th edition is what I used in Ma, seems to be the national norm.

medic308

Forum Crew Member
It depends on the local EMS office. In Suffolk county they use the AAOS Emergency Care And Transportation Of The Sick And Injured 10th Edition

OP
OP
hitman196

hitman196

Forum Probie
Thanks to both of you guys for helping me out!
Im definatly going to look into getting some of these books.
A head start never hurts anyways.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
I'd suggest calling whatever school you're taking the course through and asking them (The information might also be available in the course catalog)

OP
OP
hitman196

hitman196

Forum Probie
I'd suggest calling whatever school you're taking the course through and asking them (The information might also be available in the course catalog)

Well i'm taking the course through my department so I may be able to talk to some of my supervisors.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well i'm taking the course through my department so I may be able to talk to some of my supervisors.

Probably your best bet. I know when I took basic, we used the Mosby's book. But that's in NM

jzero652

Forum Probie
Where are you taking it? I took mine at VEEB in Nassau County we used "Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured". A lot of the work is done online and there is a companion website with audio book, work book, quizzes, flashcards etc.

http://emt.emszone.com/

OP
OP
hitman196

hitman196

Forum Probie
Where are you taking it? I took mine at VEEB in Nassau County we used "Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured". A lot of the work is done online and there is a companion website with audio book, work book, quizzes, flashcards etc.

http://emt.emszone.com/

Im taking it in rensselaer county.

Asclepius92

Forum Ride Along
Im nearing the end of my EMT-B training here in Monroe County and we use the AAOS Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured 12th edition textbook. I'd be willing to bet money that this is the book you'll be using as well.