OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by medicNsand@Aug 13 2005, 04:56 AM
to
Previous Post-
HAHAHAH, Been there,..LOL,...we are looking into an automatic CPR device for patients. Just saw a demo (on a mannikin) yesterday. looks good in theory, I'm wondering about Real Life Practicality. Anyone else fumbled with one of those yet?
:ph34r:
Yeah.... autopulse.... I played with a demo.... it never got on the street at our squad.... noone ever remembered to grab it for a code :rolleyes: .

When I was doing my ride time, one of the medics was looking into the autopulse. I said it is nice, but REALLY expensive.... he asked how much... I told him what I've been quoted... $10,000-$15,000. Poor guy almost fell out of his chair, saying that he could buy a lifepak 12 with all the bells and whistles for that price....

Jon

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
Duke had a presentation on a new "CPR backboard" that Zoll is coming out with that does a circumferential chest compression. It has 12 lead, 4lead and TCP capability. It looked pretty cool, but it is brand new so I dont know when they will start trials with it...

Luno

OG
Premium Member
MedicnSand, I've been following the synthetic for a while, any words from the bros on how it holds up on the street? Is it oxycyte?

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuejew@Aug 14 2005, 04:21 PM
Duke had a presentation on a new "CPR backboard" that Zoll is coming out with that does a circumferential chest compression. It has 12 lead, 4lead and TCP capability. It looked pretty cool, but it is brand new so I dont know when they will start trials with it...
Really? another one???

Reviviant / Zoll Medical has had one FDA approved for over two years, I think.... Just a big cloth band across the chest.... makes the dummies bounce when you use it on a CPR dummy.... (Really powerful).... I've never seen or heard anything about a version with built-in ECG or Defib ability.... the only downside to the current version is that you MUST use hands-free pads to defib, and they must go on before you activate the unit (or you turn it off and open up the band).

Zoll also has the AED Plus and AED Pro... which use an enhanced version of zoll's "Stat Padz"... they have a CPR censor that evaluates your CPR and provides feedback... When ALS shows up with a Zoll Defib/ monitor... you unplug from the AED and plug the pads into the ALS monitor (dual conector for the AED... standard Zoll handfree defib plug as part of the larger connection (that way it works for both))

Jon

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
Definitely NOT the same peice of equipment Jon, I guess Zoll is just on their game with these little machines!!! They did a demo at Duke around February, if I remember correctly.

Luno: We've used Polyheme here twice, and it has had good results. So much so that staff in the ED did not believe the pt was as hypotensive as EMS had said. Polyheme is essentially a whole-blood derivative with oxygen-carrying capability. Apparently some uber-smart scientists isolated this enzyme within the RBC that allows the O2 to bind to the hemoglobin and were able to recreate this enzyme synthetically without using the call itself. No danger of Rh cross-reaction, religious objection or exposure to disease. Definitely a cool product if it is shown to work.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuejew@Aug 16 2005, 11:41 PM
No danger of Rh cross-reaction, religious objection or exposure to disease.
all GREAT reasons to have this product.....

Jon

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
I think so too, I hope it works as well as it is claimed to...

medicNsand

Forum Probie
Rescuejew,...are you in Israel? tell me about your assessments "Situation Vs. patient(s)". How do you work a " command system" so you have accountability for all your team members? Can/Do you do advanced airway procedures on-scene?
do you decompress chests? pericardiocentesis? for a tamponade? What do you do?- I love talking with other medics
" on the front line" since WE invent the new face of emergency medicine.!! -Rob

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by medicNsand@Oct 4 2005, 01:50 AM
Rescuejew,...are you in Israel? tell me about your assessments "Situation Vs. patient(s)". How do you work a " command system" so you have accountability for all your team members? Can/Do you do advanced airway procedures on-scene?
do you decompress chests? pericardiocentesis? for a tamponade? What do you do?- I love talking with other medics
" on the front line" since WE invent the new face of emergency medicine.!! -Rob
She's from Durham, NC.