New Student, starting school sep 17

InsaneZombieMan

Forum Ride Along
Glad to find this forum, I'm starting school on sep 17th into a fast track 21 day course, with very little previous medical experience besides the basic medical training they gave us in BCT and a healthcare foundations class under my belt. Was originally going to be a 68W but the National Guard didn't have any open slots, or so I was told..

Would appreciate any pointers, good text books to study in my free time before class begins, or anything you wish you knew as a student going into EMT school.

Thanks!!

EMTDriver

Forum Ride Along
If you have access to the textbooks,get those now and start reading a few chapters. Especially the stuff on A&P, it's not so much about memorizing the bones but learning the functions of the body. Most importantly, have fun in class.

OP
OP
InsaneZombieMan

InsaneZombieMan

Forum Ride Along
If you have access to the textbooks,get those now and start reading a few chapters. Especially the stuff on A&P, it's not so much about memorizing the bones but learning the functions of the body. Most importantly, have fun in class.
Will do! Really looking forward to starting class, I have a older textbook from my cousin who went through the fire academy, I've been reading through it a little. I'll start focusing more on A&P.