New Member Looking for some Advice

NewEmtB

Forum Ride Along
Hey all,

This is my first post on this forum. I am a 21 year old Part time Undergraduate student, I am right now in week 5 of my 7 week EMT-B Certification Course. I have already started searching for a jobs I can apply for, but I haven't found anything yet. I live in Los angeles, so I am looking for a place to work in that area thats not far away from school.

From what i understand, Los angeles County uses private ambulance companies to respond to 911 calls. Some of them being McCormick, Schaffer, AmeriCare and so on.

Anywho, I have heard mixed reviews about all of these companies, and some of them only do transport :sad:

The general trend of what I have heard is that McCormick is top notch, and Schaffer and AmeriCare are way worse, but i havent heard of any reason why this is true.

Any thoughts on which companies are good to work for and also what is the best way to look for job openings? Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading :)

TheyCallMeNasty

Forum Crew Member
If your heart is set out for 911 apply to all of those and hope they have openings.

If you don't mind IFT jobs I know Bowers hires like 15 people twice a month they have been expanding super fast since the buy out from Rural Metro...which also means a possible 911 future

OP
OP
N

NewEmtB

Forum Ride Along
That's what I was thinking I was going to end up doing.

I prefer to work 911, but if nothing opens up, doing ift is is better than getting no experience at all. Bowers seems like they could be an option