new lurker intro

CENTXEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I decided I should probably introduce myself since I have been lurking for a few weeks.

I am currently a stay at home mom because my pay check did not cover child care. I have been an EMT since 1994, and when my youngest starts school next year I plan on going back to school to get my paramedic certification. Oh, and as my user name states I live in Central Texas.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to EMTlife.com. We put the fun in dysfunction!

Jon

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Welcome to EMTlife.com. We put the fun in dysfunction!

Jon

You use that line on every one Jon? heheh Welcome to the site!

Excited2bEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I decided I should probably introduce myself since I have been lurking for a few weeks.

I am currently a stay at home mom because my pay check did not cover child care. I have been an EMT since 1994, and when my youngest starts school next year I plan on going back to school to get my paramedic certification. Oh, and as my user name states I live in Central Texas.

Hi CENTXEMT,
I have been in a similar situation...for the past 6 years I too have been a stay at home mom. My husband is in the military so we had to move around a lot...farthest place was Guam. Finding reliable and affordable daycare is tough. I have two little ones..My oldest starts kindergarten so I'm hoping to work as an EMT and still have enough to pay for my youngest to goto daycare. It seems like being an EMT will be such a rewarding job. I look forward to learning all I can. I wish you the best in your future endeavors!!

OP
OP
C

CENTXEMT

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the welcome.

Excited2bEMT - I am actually lucky in the fact that my husband works for the school district that my kids attend so once my youngest starts school he can take and pick up all 3 and I won't have to worry about it.