New, just saying hello

Pharmacist

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I am brand new to these forums so I wanted to introduce myself. I literally passed the NREMT-B this morning and I finally feel "official". I have been lurking the past hour and decided to hopefully pitch in now and then.

Little about me. I just turned 24 and currently live in San Antonio TX. I am currently working retail and it's pretty terrible, cant wait to find my dream EMS job. I'm married with a dog and a beautiful wife, I enjoy riding my bicycle and hiking / backpacking. Looking forward to getting to know you guys/gals.

Thanks for listening...I tend to ramble.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Welcome, from another SA-Town native! Where did you get your EMT from? Any jobs lined up yet?

OP
OP
P

Pharmacist

Forum Ride Along
Welcome, from another SA-Town native! Where did you get your EMT from? Any jobs lined up yet?

Bulverde Spring Branch, and they are excellent! I am currently scheduled to take the CPAT test for SAFD later this month but I feel like I still would rather work as an EMT other than a fire fighter. Just need to find the right place.

Where do you work?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Yeah, BSB is pretty good. What number are you on the San Antonio list? I work everywhere, guy :p SAFD, Schertz EMS, and Metro. I hear what you're saying about working on the ambulance, I'm the same way. However, if you get the chance, there's not a place in Texas that will allow you to provide for your family as well as SAFD will. SAFD EMS is also making huge leaps and bounds in quality of care and how progressive we are.

OP
OP
P

Pharmacist

Forum Ride Along
Yeah, BSB is pretty good. What number are you on the San Antonio list? I work everywhere, guy :p SAFD, Schertz EMS, and Metro. I hear what you're saying about working on the ambulance, I'm the same way. However, if you get the chance, there's not a place in Texas that will allow you to provide for your family as well as SAFD will. SAFD EMS is also making huge leaps and bounds in quality of care and how progressive we are.

Number 126. Hope all goes well. Thanks for the info, maybe we will work together someday.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Awesome, you'll definitely get a look. If not first class, definitely second. Good luck!

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome from another San Antonio person!!

There is plenty to learn and absorb here.

There are some great places around here to work. Schertz, SAFD, and Acadian would be my top choices.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome. I lived in san Antonio once.

jlperk88

Forum Ride Along
greetings!!! You wont regret your decision to join here! This site has been a huge help and the other members are amazing!