NEW: Illinois EMS license plates!

IllinoisEMS

Forum Ride Along
If you live in Illinois and want to show your EMS pride, now you can
apply for the EMS Memorial Specialty License Plates. Part of the
proceeds from the plates will go to the EMS Memorial Scholarship and
Training Fund. You don't have to be an EMT, Doctor or Nurse to apply.
Anyone who wishes to support EMS can get the plate. To reserve your plate, mail in the linked below form to the Illinois Secretary's of State Springfield office with your $12 non-refundable deposit. Once 1500 applications are received, the Secretary of State will start issuing the plates. Note that the state will keep your deposit even if they don't get the 1500 applications necessary to start producing the plates.

Link for the Form to mail the deposit with: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/vsd702.pdf

More Info About the Plates from ilga.gov:

"an applicant for the special plate shall be charged a fee of $27 at original issuance and $17 at renewal. Provides that $12 of the additional original issuance fee and $15 the renewal fee shall be deposited into the Illinois EMS Memorial Scholarship and Training Fund. Provides that $15 of the original issuance fee and $2 of the renewal fee shall be deposited into the Secretary of State Special License Plate Fund. Provides that, subject to appropriation by the General Assembly and approval by the Secretary of State, all money in the Illinois EMS Memorial Scholarship and Training Fund will be paid as grants to the EMS Memorial Scholarship and Training Council, a not-for profit corporation, for the purposes of providing scholarships for graduate study, undergraduate study, or both, to children and spouses of emergency medical services personnel killed in the course of their employment, and for grants for the training of EMS personnel."

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/bil...cTypeID=HB&LegID=44653&SessionID=76&SpecSess=

OP
OP
I

IllinoisEMS

Forum Ride Along
l_f2c2cd226efd42429210431ee317ce47.jpg

illini_emt3191

Forum Ride Along
Its about :censored: Time, lol I have had a Fire plate for years, but I always wished that they would produce an EMS plate

Last edited by a moderator:

emt1972

Forum Probie
California came out with one earlier this year... They needed to have at least 7500 people sign up for it in a year before they will produce them, it will be a year in April 2010, last time I looked... only about 190 or so (including me) signed up for it.

:sad:

emt1972

Forum Probie
Just checked the DMV website... woohoo, we are at 202 as of 12/09/09... Guess I'll be getting my money back.

musleh94

Forum Ride Along
Im just about to finish my EMT course and i want to get the EMS license plate

is the applying process still going on?
is there a way we can tell how many people applied?