New here

emt9577

Forum Probie
hello,

I just figured I would jumo out and say hello, and introduce myself. My name is David, and I am an EMT-B, and also a volunteer firefighter. I have been doing both since I was 18. I live and work in Portsmouth ohio for a private agency, mainly cuz private pays more. I dont commonly ride the buggy, im normally setting up and installing the communications systems, we have 18 stations and over 125 squads, covering 3 states. I do however occassionally ride the buggy when things get busy. In my free time I sell and install lights and sirens. Well thats bout all there is to me. I look forward to becoming a part of this online community

Epi-do

I see dead people
Welcome! I have family that lives near Portsmouth and have spent alot of time in the area over the years when going to visit them.

Summit

Critical Crazy
what do you guys have for comms?

OP
OP
emt9577

emt9577

Forum Probie
For comms we are running alot of VHF simplex, with a couple VHF repeaters. I am in the process of linking the repeaters with a JPS NXU-2a which is a radio over internet link. We are in the process of switching to a central dispatch so its kinda a nightmare. We have 800 mhz in one of our helicopters that im in the process of getting programmed for the state Marcs system. When Im not playing with the radio side, I get volunteered to setup our phone systems in stations when we set them up, as well as the internet networks. We vary from place to place. We dont have anything really fancy, yet. We got a mobile command post for our search and recue agency thats a division of the company thats in the process of getting setup, and that will have multiple vhf, uhf, and 800mhz radios, as well as HF, 2mtr, and 440 ham radio. Thats a project im looking forward to. Ive been told that we are getting a JPS ACU to go in there as well.

gnh2276

Forum Crew Member
welcome to our family

beckoncall62

Forum Probie
New Here-But Not Really

Hello all-I finally made it back to this site after 2 years. I actually joined here 2 yrs ago but i believe this might be one of my first posts. Anyway, I'm an EMT-B with our local fire department in Washington State. I'm a mom of 5 kids, a licensed ham radio operator, and enjoy photography and computers.

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Hi to both!! and Welcome! :)

Question: What do you mean by buggy? :D