New Here --- Looking for training programs near Boston MA

Nick9075

Forum Ride Along
I got laid off from my last job and current not working. I have been thinking about this EMT program and at least doing it on the side to bring in some money.

Does anyone have any recommendations of schools or Programs around the Boston area??

Also here is an article about a 'shortage of EMT's' -- not sure if it is true or not

http://connect.jems.com/forum/topic...2559935:Comment:89999&x=1#2559935Comment89999

allvitals09

Forum Crew Member
How far are you willing to travel from Boston. The school i am going to offers a three month course next on starting in January, but, if you live in the city it would be almost a hour ride 3 three times a week. A lot of community colleges offer but from what i have seen it may take up to two semesters. I know that Boston pays basics around 22 an hour, however i don't know if that is a livable salary for you.

OP
OP
N

Nick9075

Forum Ride Along
How far are you willing to travel from Boston. The school i am going to offers a three month course next on starting in January, but, if you live in the city it would be almost a hour ride 3 three times a week. A lot of community colleges offer but from what i have seen it may take up to two semesters. I know that Boston pays basics around 22 an hour, however i don't know if that is a livable salary for you.

Well right now I am making NOTHING an hour and have to wait until the end of December until my unemployment case is even considered given my circumstances, so $22 an hour is fine. With competition in my field it could be months before I get a job and I hate sitting home doing nothing.

I of actually outside of Boston -- the Malden/Revere line and have a car. I would be willing to drive around 20 miles from here each way.

I guess I would be 'older' than average-- I am 34 but I am good physical shape -- I goto the gym each day and do boxing/kickboxing.

Last edited by a moderator: