New guy here.

timmy84

Forum Crew Member
Hello All,

Thought I would introduce myself as a new member of the forum and new to EMS. I have been a CNA for three years at a suburban hospital on an surgical orthopedic floor. I am currently a basic student (started in June, finish in October as it is a 300 hour class opposed to the 120 hour minimum). I am 24 but still do not know what I want to do for sure, but I am hopeful about the EMS route. I am occasionally called to work in the ED when staffing is short and love hearing the stories from the techs and medics. I am looking forward to getting through this course and getting to know you guys.

-Timmy

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Welcome!

300 hour basic class? Is it JUST basic, or Intermediate tagged on? Have a link to the school? I'm interested in how they pushed it so far back.

OP
OP
timmy84

timmy84

Forum Crew Member
It is just basic, but includes NIMS 200-800, CEVO II, HAZMAT class/cert, AWR 160, and some other odds and ends. It also includes quite a bit of lab time and the 12 hours of third rider and ER time. It is a private ambulance service in the Chicagoland area that offers the class PM me and Ill give you the link. I do not want to get in trouble for posting its name on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator: