Need Some Equipment

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey all,

A buddy of mine, and I have started up a first aid business (providing F/A at events) and while we do have a lot of our stuff, I was wondering where I could find a used, but in good condition AED.
Also, we are taking a Dodge Durango and making it into a supervisor, extra supply vehicle and was wondering if anyone knew of any used Tomar lightbars that we could purchase.
If anyone has any of this equipment could you please Private Message me with info on the equipment, price, and hopefully picture(s).

Thank you very much,
Mitch

OP
OP
traumateam1

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Re: Aed

I am looking for a LifePak12, specifically.
So if anyone has one that they are selling, but is in good condition and reliable please let me know.

Thanks!

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
see my comments in your aed thread regarding the lp12.

second, please very seriously consider all the variables in what your trying to do. theres insurance, licenses, permits, all sorts of angles. keep in mind that good samaritan protection might not cover you if your operating in a professional capacity.

third, a lightbar? really? do you really need a lightbar for a fairground? let me tell you first hand whats going to happen. you get a call for a medical "emergency" you hit the switches and go blasting through the fair. this will expand the crowd you would normally draw exponentially. now youve got the whole fair crowding around you. you arrive to find a fairly minor injury, I&D a small wound, apply dressing and release. but youve caught the attention of a thousand people. takes a few minutes for a crowd that dig to disperse. on the other hand, what if its a situation requiring transport. the local squad will show up and have to fight through a sea of people. then they will see you with your lit up old durango immediately trigger whacker alarms galore. you'll get no repect from them.

my advice, skip the lightbar and sirens. MAYBE a small dashlight. better yet, a golf cart.

OP
OP
traumateam1

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Thank you, I saw your comment on the AED post.
About the light bar, we wouldn't use it to get thru events. And there would be no code 3 driving. But we do do events like speedway, etc where visibility is a priority. Also we do races and such that are 10+ KM and if we get called out to a "biker down" then a little bit of urgency is nice, but there would be no blowing intersections, or driving the 25 km over the speedlimit here. Just simply so people let us thru, and for the speedway... don't smack into us.

My partner and I have talked a lot about it, and we thought that this would be the best. I don't think we need a siren, and we are also thinking about getting a golf cart for the smaller events (fairs, etc)

BEorP

Forum Captain
Thank you, I saw your comment on the AED post.
About the light bar, we wouldn't use it to get thru events. And there would be no code 3 driving. But we do do events like speedway, etc where visibility is a priority. Also we do races and such that are 10+ KM and if we get called out to a "biker down" then a little bit of urgency is nice, but there would be no blowing intersections, or driving the 25 km over the speedlimit here. Just simply so people let us thru, and for the speedway... don't smack into us.

My partner and I have talked a lot about it, and we thought that this would be the best. I don't think we need a siren, and we are also thinking about getting a golf cart for the smaller events (fairs, etc)

If you don't mind me asking, how can you afford all of this? Maybe it is different in BC, but here in Ontario there isn't too much money in medical standby if you're not offering at least a PCP level of care.

And if you say this truck is going to be your supervisor vehicle, do you have others? This sounds like a big endeavour and I am curious to hear more about it.

OP
OP
traumateam1

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Well there isn't a whole lot of money in this.. we're not doing it to get rich, so it's not our full time jobs.. we're doing it for volunteer, and all the money we make is going back into our company to buy equipment.
Now about that supervisor vehicle.. we have been talking about it, and are probably going to wait for that, we just want a company vehicle.
So no, we are not rich, but we're also not going into debt a million bucks.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
As I read your thread, I can't help but wonder why you're going for the most expensive equipment as your first set. Tomar and LifePak 12s are great, but I'm not sure they'll provide the best ROI (return on investment). I think that your money could be better spent elsewhere.

OP
OP
traumateam1

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Just so everyone knows I am NOT going with anything more than a simple AED. After having people tell me that the others are very expensive and such I've decided that just a simple AED will do.

Thank you.