NC EMT/Paramedics

adwr070621

Forum Probie
So I've scoured the boards and the internet for the best info on this, now I'm looking for anyone with some personal experiences dealing with this.

I am currently an AEMT in Utah and I'm moving to NC in a few months. I can't seem to find a definitive answer on whether NC is using AEMT or the EMT-I still. Anyone in NC know about this?

Also, I am looking to attend Paramedic school as soon as I get there and established. Can I attend the school on my own? Or do I need to be sponsored by someone? I have the funds and means to pay for it myself.

And one last thing. Here in Utah, AEMT is used in ER settings. Is this the case in NC as well? Or are AEMT/EMT-I only on buses and FD?

Thanks in advance to you knowledgeable and helpful people out there.

Imacho

Forum Lieutenant
Check out www.medic911.com. We're a 3rd service provider in Mecklenburg county. Headquarters is in central charlotte. We have 2 EMT-I's. A lot of info can be found there. PM me if you still have questions after you've looked at the website.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
NC does use EMT-I, but they are treated like EMTs (most paid systems are all ALS, so its either EMT/Medic or EMT-I/Medic).

lots of county based system (Wake, Durham, and Guilford come to mind), check the county employment sites to see if and when they are hiring.