My luck

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
So for six months I have been looking for a job as an EMT. Monday I got hired at an ambulance company. Then today I get an letter from AMR asking me to interview/test for them :rolleyes:. I looked for months but of course due to my luck I get an interview with a company after I get another job. Isn’t life funny like that?

Veneficus

Forum Chief
There are worse problems.

OP
OP
M

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
Oh I'm not saying its a problem. It's just the irony of it. I bet if I didn't get hired I wouldn't have gotten the interview with them.

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
So for six months I have been looking for a job as an EMT. Monday I got hired at an ambulance company. Then today I get an letter from AMR asking me to interview/test for them :rolleyes:. I looked for months but of course due to my luck I get an interview with a company after I get another job. Isn’t life funny like that?

Yes you already have the job with the other company, but still go and for the interview. There is no harm in going. You will learn more about AMR and what the can have to offer you when you want to move up. What if AMR does not hire you, you already have a job so no worries. If they offer you a job, they might give you more hours or more money. I would go and try. Let us know how it goes

EDIT: This is what I would do if I were you, but it is still you call. Good luck!!

OP
OP
M

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
I don't have time. It's a six hour process and I have my new job, school and the fire academy starting. Otherwise I would go.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
I know how you feel. I spent about the same amount of time looking for a paid job in EMS. I finally got hired by a small ambulance company 2.5 hours away from home. The first week I was on that job, I had 3 other companies that I applied with call for interviews. I interviewed with 2 out of the 3 and was offered positions by both of them. I turned one down and accepted the other since it was close to home and it was also the company I want to stay with once I complete paramedic school.

I couldn't find a job to save my rear, but once I found one everybody became interested. Life is definitely funny sometimes :p

Marty Mcfly

Forum Crew Member
wait until you see how much you make working for a private. I started 3 years ago making 10.00 an hour, still here making a whopping 10.00 an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
I am $13/hour because I am dual cert in MA/RI. But I only get that when I'm on a truck that works in MA/RI. Otherwise I get $12/hour.

akrall83

Forum Probie
we start at a whole $8.35/hour, but shifts are typically 24 hours and you get double time after 12 hours so it evens out. I still make more as a phlebotomist though. Of course it's not about the money. I'm in love with emergency medicine and I need the hours on the rig so I can go to medic school.

LuvGlock

Forum Crew Member
It's like getting married. A wedding ring seems to be a powerful aphrodisiac. I've never had women hit on me like they do now that I'm married.

Murphy was an optimist.