Mega Code

Emtgirl21

Forum Lieutenant
So I had my first Mega Code in the field as a Paramedic Student. It went picture perfect. We had just the right number of people. I got my intubation and even got ROSC back by the time we got to the hospital. I'm super excited. We'd ran several very serious calls that day including three codes so it was nice to end it with a save. B)

Epi-do

I see dead people
Good for you! Sounds like a busy shift. They are starting to call me "Dr. Death" around here - 3 arrests this week, and we typically don't average that many in a month or two. Two were DOAs, and the third one we worked, although it was pretty futile. She had been down for 15-20 minutes when we got there, and she was asystolic on the monitor. A tube, line, and 3-4 rounds of drugs and she was called. That one came out as an injured person - the son (who was blind) heard mom fall out of bed and called us because he couldn't tell if she was hurt or not. All he knew was that she wasn't able to get herself back up off the floor.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
and there you have the biz in a nutshell. All that's missing is all that empty space, in-between.