McCormick in Inglewood

SoCalEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hello, I've been reading messages in the forum for a while and today I finally registered. I'm hoping to do 911 calls with McCormick in Inglewood and I was wondering if anyone has worked for them before and has insight to the tests and hiring process.

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
Sorry I can't give you any information on that particular agency, but welcome to the forum!

smoothdemon

Forum Ride Along
Hi I just got an interview with them yesterday, I had a short conversation with the person in charge and here is the info he gave me:

I may be a little off as to what happens on what days but its is something like this. The hiring process is separated into 4 days. Dressy attire is required for all 4 days.

Day 1 - Basic interview - additional paperwork from initial application - 50 question multiple choice test.

Day 2 - Navigational test with Thomas guide maps and instructions. Lift test with 180 lbs dummy (GS carry with partner or fireman's drag by yourself).

Day 3 - CPR skills test and Patient Assessment skills test.

Day 4 - Final Interview if you passed all of the above.

The following link has more info on McCormick and other 911 ambulance companies in LA area:
http://www.emsresponder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91806

LIFEGUARDAVIDAS

Forum Crew Member
Check:

www.westmedambulance.com/ and
www.mccormickambulance.com/

When I took the PHTLS course two years ago at UCLA Center for Pre-hospital Care / Daniel Freeman Paramedic Education Program (DF Hospital in Inglewood) there were some students from McCormick. -Though 16 hrs are not enough time to judge anybody (properly), it looked like they knew what they were doing.

911 calls in Inglewood, CA? -Sounds like you'll have a busy experience.

Be safe,

Guri