Management and EMS

Genesis

Forum Probie
Years ago, I started going to school for a bachelors in technical management. I have 3 years in and I figure that it would be a waste to not finish it. I'm still VERY interested in EMS and I'm pretty sure that's where I'm supposed to be in life. I was an EMT Basic. I got my certification in PA and then moved to OH where I continued to work. Was the best career decision I've made because that's where I was the happiest. I moved to NC 2 years ago and apparently it's really hard for Basics to find a job so my certification ended up expiring.

I want to finish that management degree since I'm so close but I REALLY want to start medic classes, too. Does anyone know of a way I can kind of combine the two so that I'm not finishing my degree for nothing and I'm not sacrificing my love of EMS because for a $50k education? Side note: I'm also a single mom right now so going for my medic will be really tough because of classes, labs, and clinicals, plus holding down a job but I'm willing to make it work. Help, lol.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Finish undergrad first, especially because of your family obligations. Then give your paramedic a go if you want. Or, start looking into Emergency Management.